I did do a little bit of art this week, a post card swap with some Instagram friends,
and work on one of my traveling journals. The front cover is made from the gelli prints I made while Mimi was here. I cut them to make this design...
Then I took it to Office Depot and they spiral bound it for me and I brought it back home and added all these ribbons to the spiral...
I have been working on my studio since 3:00 this morning, doing laundry (I didn't know we even owned that many clothes!!) and cleaning up the kitchen. It is starting to look a little less like a hurricane blew through here, and more like the tidy place we are (mostly) used to! Ornery has been fussing with his GFCI outlet in the new room, and finally discovered the problem in the wall switch that turns on the lights.
We both have rather long lists of things to do but we have crossed off quite a few things already this weekend, so that feels good.
- It's time to start working on the taxes, a chore I always dread but feel extremely smug about once I am finished
- I just got my first order of doTERRA essential oils and have a heap of educating myself to do with those.
- I am involved in two traveling journal projects, several ATC "jams" or round-robin sets which travel from one person to another and get stuff added at each stop, and I am signed up for a few swaps on Swap-Bot.
- We are still gathering the needed supplies for our aquaponics garden--the most pressing is the grow media. I just placed an order for some Grow Stones--everything for the project seems to be quite costly, but hopefully it will be worth it once the fresh veggies start producing.
- I need to organize some menu plans and do a bit of freezer cooking. Everything is just about empty, and I prefer to have a few things that are quick and easy to prepare on hand for days I just don't feel like cooking (or would much rather keep playing instead of spending time in the kitchen!)
- We still have a bit of housework to catch up on...construction is always messy, and much detritus was dragged in onto the carpet. I really hate to vacuum...
So, that is our upcoming week.