Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Upgrading the Walls

We have the newly painted canvases hung in the kitchen.  The first photo shows a few things in front of them, but I still would like to add more to the orange, and contrasting pieces in front of the other three as well.  I am pleased with the overall effect.  It's always nice when a vision comes to fruition!

You can barely see the edge of one arm of the mobile in the photo below, but the colors are very close to those that are on the canvases, and from the dining room looking into the kitchen, it is a very colorful fun look.

Here is the finished 'hood in the dining room.  I am so in love with this little grouping!  I had Ornery cut a few more wooden shapes for me, and I hope to eventually fill more of the wall with additions. It makes me smile every time I look at it.


And, since we painted the guest room and there is absolutely NOTHING to break up the very lilac color on the walls,


I decided to make a foray into painting flowers. Here is my first one, it is on a 12x20 canvas done in acrylic.
The accent colors in the room are to be limey green and icy blue. The guest bed will be a trundle type affair built by none other than Ornery himself.  We designed it, purchased two XL Twin mattresses and now we just have to build it.  Stay tuned for updates. :)

1 comment:

Families of the Nations said...

It's you! Having fun with your house, your art, your colors! I agree, the the little neighborhood house grouping is so fun, fresh and cheery. Thanks for sharing!