Monday, April 20, 2015

Blogging A to Z: Quinacridone

April is here!! It's time for daily blogging, lots of visitors and meeting new friends.  In other words, time for the Blogging A to Z challenge hosted by Arlee Bird and his team of minions.  Thousands of other bloggers from all over the world participate in this blog hop each year, and anyone may join in as long as they blog each day during the month of April, (except Sundays) the blog posts correspond to the appropriate letter for that day, and they sign up on the link list. Simple!


  1. Quinacridone is an organic molecule utilized in the formation of organic pigments. It is an organic compound with the molecular formula C₂₀H₁₂N₂O₂. Wikipedia
What? Say, WHAT? Well, besides being a word I always stumble over, quinacridone is one part of the name of some of my favorite colors.  Other than that, I couldn't tell you anything about why this does what it does. But it shore is purdy. :)

Thank you for dropping by today.  Hope you learned something new or were inspired in some way.  :)

3 comments:

Birgit said...

I have to ask-what is the colour? hahahaaa-I just know the basic term:)

Wendy of the Rock said...

OKAY so now i'm gonna have to Google that...

orneryswife said...

The two colors of quinacridone I have are magenta and azo gold, which is a rusty orange sort of color. They are both rich and vibrant hues. I think there may be others that use this formula as well, but those are the only two I have.