Saturday, March 29, 2014

Rethinking A to Z

I have decided to forego participation in the A to Z blogging challenge this year. Computer problems and other time commitments plus a lack of motivation have aided my decision making process.

I have done a bit of art and letter writing lately, but not much computer time.

Washi tape house

Artist Trading Card made with twinkling h2o watercolor, acrylic, modeling paste, ink and washi tape. 
I also did pages in two art journals that I haven't posted yet.

This is a tip-out page. The gutter is on the left and the washi tape acts as a hinge. I used alcohol inks and embossing on it. 

This is the page opened out. I used a gelli-print for the background, sheet music along top and bottom, and acrylic paint with a stencil for the butterfly. The smaller markings on the wings are made with glass bead gel I tinted with primary elements artist pigment. 

Gelli-print background and flowers. The letters were stamped with foam stamps and embossed with translucent gold embossing powder.

This was the second page I did in this journal, mostly just animal pictures from various sources on an inked background. 

Today I sent out 15 pieces of mail--cards, letters and swaps. Tuesday is the first day of National Letter Writing Month, so I anticipate a busy time ahead!


1 comment:

andi filante said...

So pretty. :) I've seen lots of bloggers talking about the A-Z thing. I'm sorry...that's WAY too much of a commitment for me. :)

-andi