I am participating in two separate art journal round robins, one with three people and one with eight. The swap with 8 people has 7 US residents and one in Scotland, so the originator of the swap is sending around her journal and the out-of-country journal together. Both arrived at my house this week, and I have been hard at it creating something I would like for others to see. I also am in possession of my own journal for the other swap, and haven't started working in it yet--that's next!
Here are photos of the pages I did in the two albums.
The flowers are also punched from gelli-plate prints, using a zinnia punch. After I punched them, I dredged them in embossing ink, then ultra thick embossing enamel (UTEE). By reheating the UTEE I was able to add a couple more layers of the powder, and then melt it again. It gives a hard plastic looking finish. For the centers, I dropped some Glossy Accents (Ranger) in the center, then scooped some glass seed beads onto the glue. Once it was all dry, I accented it with some paprika colored stickles glitter glue. I don't know how well it will stay, but I was afraid to melt the UTEE anymore, especially since it was already in the book.
The owner of this second journal prefers bright colors (Yay!) but no sparkly glitter (Boo!). But, I am not deterred! I started on the flap with a piece of deli wrap I had painted with silks acrylic glaze on my gelli-plate. Then I added the pattern piece, just to give it some color and added interest. The circles were torn from a piece of fun tissue paper I got in the mail a while ago. I used the same circles on the far right side of the inner spread, which you can see in the next photo.
That was two full days of art, but I feel really good about my offering in their journals. It leaves in the morning for the next stop!