Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Artist Trading Cards (ATCs)

I have not posted any photos for a long time, so I am playing catch up today.  In order to better access them later, I am dividing the themes up a bit, so here are the Christmas themed ATCs I have made so far this month:
 For this first one I traced around some American Crafts plastic die cut shapes to make the ornaments, then cut them out of a vintage map I had painted with Twinkling H2O watercolors.  I hightlighted them with liquid pearls and also made the little ornament tops with some.  I drew on the string.  To make the ridges in the ornament tops, I drug a straight pin through the wet liquid pearl.  It looked quite authentic!

 Two more ATCs featuring the painted vintage map.  Here it is a background behind the storebought snowmen.  The Merry Christmas is from a confetti pack!

 I have had these poinsettias for several years--these are the last three from my stash!  I used some Smooch ink on the leaves to give them some shimmer, and stickles glitter on the top flower.  The background is some I painted with Twinks, I got the dots by laying a sheet of bubble wrap over the wet pools of paint and letting it set for a while. 

 More twinks painted backgrounds, and the tree is punched from the same map I have been working with for a while.  I added lace and washi tape, plus a very old button embellishment.  (it's not vintage, just several years in my stash!)

 Thhis one has copper embossing on it, copper glitter, and I would have used other copper accents, but decided to not go too overboard. :)  The plastic trees are by American Crafts--another item I have had in my stash for an age!

 The little VW Bug cut out was an extra in a swap I received, I tied the little tree on with some baker's twine.  I giggle each time I see it, thinking how hard it would be for the driver to get out with all that rope tied onto the car! :)

 For this one, I used a Russian text book page painted with Twinks, cut out the angels from a book page that was sent to me as an extra, and added the cross and pearl/lace embellishments.  The cross has been in my stash for over 5 years, just waiting for the right time to surface on some project. 

 I actually made two of these, and after I took the photo, I added another reindeer that looks like it is leaping or flying up around the top of the tree.  It balanced it out better.  I also added more "ornaments" to the tree with some red glitter to tie in the red scarves and noses of the reindeer.

 More vintage map and sheet music, and a lot of tiny scraps leftover from several other ATCs.  I just love layering those little torn pieces--whether washi tape or paper!

 I hand cut the ponds from a piece of metallic card stock, and all the rest is also freehand.  The penguins are JoLee's embellishments, and I knew when I saw them in the store they would be perfect for some cute ATCs!

 This is the second puzzle piece ATC I have made from this puzzle, and have since made two more that I haven't photographed.  It's fun to put together the puzzle to find the scenes that will work on such a small space. 

 This one is just ridiculous!  I named it "Rudolph's Family, or Origin of a Species."  The white deer were from a window cling that comes from those gun toting organizations, and was meant for a car window, I suppose.  It was vinyl, and I am not sure how well the glitter stuck to it.  I added the mustache, googly eyes (which make anything funny!) and the little moose cut outs.  In all it was just pretty fun to make, and I laughed at it several times.  :)

 Nothing special about this one--just scraps of book pages and music cut for a swapbot swap.  I sprayed the background with Tattered Angels glimmer mist.  The snowflakes are cut from a roll of deco tape I got from Hobby Lobby.

Several months ago I received two backgrounds from a swapper who made this one.  I added the map circle and little trees all cut from painted book pages and sheet music.  I had quite a bit of that paper, and was getting as many things out of it as I could!

So, that is my latest Christmas ATC collection.  I think I am about done making them--Christmas themed that is! :) 

1 comment:

andi filante said...

Well dang girl!!! I wondered where you went. Is that a moustache I see on that reindeer??? Awesome! For some reason I'm not getting you in my BlogLovin feed, and when I do a search for Ornery's Wife, it doesn't find you?! I'm loving the new look and all your beautiful artwork!!

-andi